Thursday, January 17, 2013

Potty Training Day 4, 5 & 6

Day 4, 5 & 6

Well, I didn't have the girls all day for Days 4 & 5.

From what mom said, the girls both stopped peeing. Hahaha. But true.
They didn't pee all morning both days and afternoon Lilly went when she needed to with no accidents and Rose had one I think and then one in her potty. Both days were like this. Except day 5 Rose peed on my mom, but peed in her potty right after mom explained that Rose had wet her and where to properly pee. Way to go Mom!!

So thankful for my mom continuing this whole potty parade for us while we work.

Today I was home and we do story time at the library on Thursdays so this was the major test here. Can Lilly hold it while we're out? And can she tell me when she has to potty? Basically will I not be embarrassed that my child peed on the floor in the library in front of other people in public...
Rose wore a Pull Up cause we all know she's not quite ready for outings free of diapers yet.
Lilly just had her underwear and she didn't have any accidents. In fact she didn't pee once this morning. Which wasn't what I wanted but it did keep from drama happening.

Too bad the girls were so out of it at story time. Lilly cried the whole time and Rose just wanted to play with the zipper on her jacket. They sang 'If Your Happy and You Know It' and Lilly was dragging her fingers down her face whining which gave her a major morbid looking face. Chris and Jenn were at the library too with Saylor and Chris was just laughing at the irony of Lilly's face and the song we were singing. Thanks Chris.
The only time they were happy is when Jenn walked them out through and of the library to the car, Lilly practically threw herself out of my arms so she could have the pleasure of holding Jenn's hand. Thanks Jenn.

We went to Target for a quick run after and the girls did great! No accidents... well I mean Lilly did great. Rose peed some time along the way of our outing.

I brought one of the potty chairs and put in the back of the Acura so just in case I had their size chair. I had stuffed a potty seat that sits on a toilet in their diaper bag in case they needed to go while we were in the library or target. I was afraid they'd freak out with the toilet but I never got the chance (yet) to find out if they would.

I was totally frustrated with Lilly this morning though. She did her refusal of leaving her chair so she wouldn't have any accidents and she sat there for almost an hour and a half. She never went and missed out on lunch because she wouldn't get up. I have to still work on that. It made me feel like an awful mom losing my patience with her :(

This evening went great. With Daniel around my patience meter goes up. The girls both ate dinner and Lilly was talked into stepping outside the box (or potty) and they both went when they needed to with no accidents!!
Rose pulled her underwear up and down about 30 times for fun but I considered it great practice.
I am proud mama tonight!

So here's an image of this new potty training underwear. Normal, yet still too big ones for comparison and the cover.



I was pretty surprised by the size but it fit. I got size 12-18 mo for the covers as the reviews for them said they were over sized and another woman said her 3 yr old fit into 12-18 mo. I listen to you reviewing public!
I feel like it's definitely made a difference for Rose, she doesn't like the wet feeling, she can't escape it and so she has been telling me she has to go. And I love that with the covers over the underwear there's no leaks (so far).


Hoping the girls keep moving forward!! Seems like we are just going that direction. :)

Here's Rose trying to help Lilly wear some special padded underwear :P

Here is Day 1, Day 2 & Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment