Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rainbow Party

Sooooo. I decided to randomly blog the girls birthday party 3 months after. 
I really wanted to have something special but inexpensive. In order to do inexpensive then you got to be willing to do extra work and make most everything. In which I did. 
I tried to make a rainbow party with the feeling of being up in the sky with the rainbow. I did clouds, birds 'floating' in the air and a rainbow :)
 
 
 First off are the cake pops. Super easy recipe but a little tedious. 
-Cake Mix-
-Ingredients for the Cake Mix-
-Cream Cheese-
-Crisco Oil-
-Candy Melts-
-Candy Sticks-
-Sprinkles-
 I used the rainbow sprinkle Pillsbury cake mix thinking it would make it rainbow inside- it does not. But still good!
Bake the cake as directed or be lazy and cheat like me and microwave it in a microwave safe dish. 8x8 greased for 10-15 minutes. 
Crumble the cake and add one package of cream cheese per cake mix and mix thoroughly together. 
Roll into balls
Put a touch of melted candy to the end of a candy stick and place it half way into each rolled cake ball
Freeze for 20 minutes
Melt candy melts in a double broiler and add some Crisco oil to thin it out
I bought pre-colored candy and mixed some colors to make secondary colors
Dip each cake ball and tap off access candy by taping a knife on the stick.
Added sprinkles before it hardened.
Keep cool and ooooooh sooooooo yummy.

 Here is us with the girls in front of their Happy Birthday Sign. This was much easier than I thought it would be to make.
-Scrap Book Paper-
-Letter Pop Outs-
-Rotary Cutter-
-Glue Stick-
-Hole Puncher-
-Ribbon-
I bought a large book of Scrap Paper. It was the cheapest and easiest to me as the book all matched in color scheme and similar patterns.
I measured out the sizes for the solid colors and patterns. I wanted the solid on top so it wasn't too busy and I could actually see the letters. I matched the solid and pattern papers to match and in order of a rainbow.
I cut my circles with the rotary cutter and glued them together.
I bought the letter punch outs at Micheal's and glued those on.
Hole punched the tops and strung ribbon I happened to have.
I really like how it turned out and I can use it every year!!

 I love this picture! I feel like I can see all the work I've done in one!
I bought tulle with my sister in law at Hobby Lobby and hung it with just tape.
I bought white poster board paper and drew clouds with faces on them and cut them out. Hole punched them and strung them with string and tape from the ceiling.
The cranes.... ugh the cranes. I LOVED them but it was lots of work, I started on those months before the party. Every night after the girls went to bed I pulled out the origami paper I bought at Micheal's and folded and folded till I got tired. By the time the party came I had a tone of cranes! I used tape and string to hang them from the ceiling.

 I made smash cakes for the girls. Heart pan, cake mix, icing... that's it. They did not smash them. They were uncomfortable with everyone watching them and nervous. So they cried instead hahah

 Rainbow Cupcakes!
OOOOOH they always turn out perfect and so pretty!
-White Cake Mix-
-Ingredients for the Cake Mix-
-Food Coloring-
- Six Zip Lock Bags-
-Cupcake Liners-
-Icing-
Mix the cake mix and ingredients
Divide the batter up between the 6 bags. 
Drop in a few drops of food coloring in each bag, red, orange, yellow... etc.
I like neon food coloring it's much brighter and kind of pastel.
Zip the bags and then knead the bags till they completely mixed with the color.
Line the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan 
Snip a small hole at the bottom corner of the red color cake mix bag
Squeeze a little mix into the bottom of each liner. 
Then do the orange
Then Yellow and so on
I had to use a knife to kind of swirl over and make sure each layer completely covered the last. Either way the top doesn't have to be completely purple cause the icing will cover it.
I do red as the color at the bottom because the purple is so dark it blends into the browned baked part at the bottom of the cupcake. I wanted it to stand out so red first does the trick!


 The girls tutu's! My sister Brenda made, I have no idea how.... You'll have to ask her.
 The shirts I bought at Hobby Lobby. I had some scrap material. I just sewed it up to look like flowers and I sewed everything onto the shirts, including a number 1. It was super easy and simple!

 These are the party favors I forgot to hand out to half the kids LOL
-Zip Lock Snack Size Bags-
-Fruit Loops-
-Stapler-
-Design-
The simplest and cheapest party favor. The idea came from my sister. This really doesn't need to be explained... it's all right there!
The only thing I did was draw the cloud and rainbow on my computer with my tablet. I used snapfish.com to print the picture and cut it out then stapled it.


 Just a few pictures of the party stuff





& here are my baby girls! SO beautiful!!!
 Amanda Ivey took their photo's. 
I attempted to do the 'O N E' idea but trying to get two girls happy in one photo is tough. But at least we got a small N.
Love these angels! 
1 year down! a lifetime to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment